Monday, February 19, 2007

Happy Chinese New Year!

We would like to wish everyone a Happy Chinese New Year! May your new year be filled with happiness, success, and good fortune!

This weekend has been so tiring for us! On Friday morning, Thomas and I went grocery shopping at the Vietnamese store. It was so crowded with everyone shopping for the new year. That night, Tony, Thomas, and I went to celebrate our late Valentine's Day dinner at Todai at the Westminster Mall. It was a very good meal.












On Saturday morning, we cleaned the house to start out with a clean house on the morning of New Year's. Tony wanted to put his new computer desk up, so I helped him. It was so heavy! It took us almost 5 hours to finally set up the desk. Meanwhile, Thomas had to sit and play by himself. You can tell from the picture that he started getting bored and wanted me to hold him! It was a really tiring job putting together that desk, and my back and arms still ache from it today!









Afterwards, we stopped at my parent's house for a while to hand out good luck money in red envelopes to my parents, nephews, and nieces. Then we went to my grandmother's house and handed her a red envelope too. Next, we stopped by Tony's parents house. His side of the family doesn't hand out red envelopes until the next day, so we didn't hand out any there yet.

On Sunday, it was New Year's Day. Tony spent the whole day plugging in all his cables and setting up his computers while I spent the day recuperating from my aches. We wanted to go to the New Year's festival, but we didn't want to push Thomas' stroller around in the dirt. We thought it would be too dirty. This is the first year that we didn't go to the festival. We also usually go to the temple in Los Angeles on New Year's eve, but we didn't go this year either. There's firecrackers and the dragon dance at midnight, but we figured it would be too noisy for Thomas.









I told Tony this morning that it doesn't feel like New Year's yet because we stayed home the whole day yesterday and didn't do what we normally did the past years. So this noon, Tony, Thomas, and I went to Phuoc Loc Tho, the Asian Mall. There was a lot of people outside nearby the mall gambling! It was so crowded. We stayed there a while watching them gamble. It was fun.

No comments: