Monday, April 30, 2007

Thomas has runny nose and fever

Last night, Thomas' nose was runny. He was crying at that time, so we thought that it was because he was crying too much that his nose was runny. He turned out that later, a little past midnight, he woke up after 2 hours of sleep and started crying again. I gave him some milk to get him back to sleep, but he wouldn't take it because he had a hard time drinking with his runny nose. I had to spoon feed him some rice cereal, and gave him some medicine and water. We had a hard time getting him back to sleep, but we finally succeeded. However, less than 2 hours later, Thomas woke up again. This time, he didn't fall asleep until almost 5:00 am.

Tony and I were so tired! Tony overslept half an hour later than usual this morning, and he had to rush to work. Thomas woke up a little past 8, and he was so fussy! I had to feed him rice cereal again, and gave him more medicine and water. He stayed awake and fussy until almost 12, when he finally fell asleep. I was so happy, but not for long...some of the maintenance men from our condo area was trimming the trees outside, and their machines were so loud that they woke Thomas up half an hour later. It wasn't until his afternoon nap, when all was quiet, that I finally got him to sleep for an hour and a half.

His nose is still so runny. His temperature was about 100 degrees around 6:00, but after giving him more medicine, it went down. I finally got him to sleep a little past 9:00. Hopefully he'll be able to sleep better tonight, so that Tony and I can get some rest! I also hope his fever will be gone tomorrow, and that his nose won't be runny anymore! It's so hard to take care of a sick baby - I don't really know what to do to make him feel better because I can't ask him how he's feeling, or where he's hurting. I really can't wait until Thomas is able to talk!

No comments: