Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Falling in Love

How can anything so little occupy my every thought? That's how I feel about my baby Thomas. I am always fascinated by his every little move. Sometimes, he would lie on my bed and stare up the ceiling for quite a while, staring off into space and smiling and cooing to himself. I can never figure what he is staring and smiling at. I tried staring at whatever space he is staring at and find myself wondering how this can be entertaining to him.

Simply feeding and getting Thomas to sleep captivates me too. I especially love it when he stops drinking, looks at me, and suddenly smiles. He'd also grab my finger in his little hands and hold on tight. He would also do this when he's sleeping. He'd take both his hands and hold tight onto one finger on each of my hands. He would fall asleep this way so that he would know if I left him. As soon as I move my fingers, his eyes would flutter half-way open and tighten his grip again. I would stare at his sleepy angelic face and fall in love.

No comments: