Saturday, November 04, 2006

Thomas' First Month

When Thomas was just born, I hated having to stay in bed all the time. This is the custom for Asians. We're supposed to stay home and rest for at least one whole month. My mom came over to help my husband and me out the first month. She was always yelling at me for getting out of bed and not sleeping and eating enough. I couldn't help it though. I was always moving about.

During Thomas' first month, he was always sleeping. If I had known that I wouldn't be getting much sleep later on, I would have slept more at that time. I read a lot of baby websites where the mothers are saying how their babies are sleeping through the night by 3 months, and I am often jealous of them. How are they doing it? My co-worker and I were pregnant and gave birth 2 weeks apart, and her baby girl was sleeping through the night within the first month! I can't wait until the day that Thomas does that!

Below is a picture of me when I was still pregnant with Thomas. This was at his baby shower, on April 22, 2006.




No comments: