Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Thomas and his Daddy


Thomas is taking his first morning nap for today. He has been very cranky lately when it's time for nap and sleep time. His daddy had been working a lot the last few weeks, and didn't get a chance to spend much time with Thomas. When Thomas is sleepy, he only wants me now, since he's used to me feeding and soothing him. Babies are so smart! Tony had a chance to spend a lot of quality time with Thomas over this weekend because I wasn't feeling well. Our baby finally got to spend a lot of time with his daddy and had gotten used to him. Last night, when Thomas cried out in his sleep, and his daddy went for him, he didn't cry out looking for me. It takes a little burden off my shoulders knowing this.

It's very funny how Tony is usually the talkative one, and I'm the quiet one; however, this changes when it concerns our baby. I do all the talking, reading, cooing, and singing to Thomas. Tony likes to talk a lot, but he doesn't talk much to Thomas because Thomas doesn't know how to talk yet, only baby talk. I'd tell Tony that this is a language itself too, but Tony feels weird talking, saying it feels like talking to himself. Thomas does understand when I'm saying repetitive things though. He loves the 'Itsy Bitsy Spider', and knows it whenever I sing it to him. Tony has been getting better lately with talking to Thomas. Tony's own father didn't have a special bond with him when he was a child, but I hope that Tony and Thomas will have a special bond. Oooppps...Thomas is awake, have to go now.

No comments: